Wednesday 7 August 2013

5 Ways Yoga Can Improve Your Sex Life

Yoga is a wonderful practice that can awaken many things in a person. When at its best, yoga helps us to slow down, get connected and feel. Most of the time, we treat sex like we treat our job: Here is the goal, now let's get it done! To me that takes the sexy out of sex and leaves us with a lonely orgasm, if we get lucky!

A healthy diet and getting regular exercise, however, is just one facet to enjoying a long, healthy life. Incorporating a healthy and satisfying sex life is also an important aspect of a long, healthy life and it’s by no coincidence that one aspect helps the other. While good nutrition will fuel our bodies with what they need in order to do their best, recent research indicates that yoga will improve your sex life.

You already know yoga can give you greater flexibility, better muscle tone, a surefire way to release stress, and maybe even enlightenment. But yoga for sex? Really? You betcha. make yoga practices Yoga offers myriad physical and emotional benefits that add up to more fun between the sheets and a more fulfilling, meaningful sexual relationship with your partner.

Flexibility
When I first started yoga, I couldn’t touch my toes in a forward fold. Now, when I’m in bed, I can hug my leg to my chest and kiss my thigh (which makes it easy for my husband to sling my leg up and over his shoulder in order to achieve deeper penetration during intercourse…I love the extra stimulation to my cervix). If you’d like to achieve this increased flexibility, go to yoga. Or develop a home yoga practice that focuses especially on hip openers, pelvis openers, and groin stretchers.

Mula Bandha
andha. Basically, as you do your standing poses  warrior poses and lunges and balancing poses that force you to support your own body weight while contorting this way and that  you end up contracting the muscle between your sphincter muscle and the muscle that controls urination. Yes, this is the yogic version of what is commonly referred to as “exercising your kegels.” And when you exercise your kegels, you can have stronger, more intense orgasms (as can your partner, if you squeeze him/her).

Yogasms
And speaking of orgasms, I’ve found that there is something to all the yogasm hullabaloo that popped up in the media last year. In addition to the stimulation that occurs to your nether regions when you work your mula bandha, and the improved orgasms that can occur from working that area, yoga helps you build body awareness in a way that  at least for me  has helped with my arousal levels. I’m not going to promise that you’ll be able to think yourself off (though that’s a definite possibility). I will say, however, that  at the very least  you may be able to think your way into extreme horniness.

Mental Health
I don’t know about you but, when I’m feeling angry with someone, I’m less likely to have sex with them. Unfortunately, when I was struggling with chronic depression and anxiety, I was angry a lot more often. Once I began practicing yoga, I became a lot less crazypants, which was a boon to my marriage. This is what I mean when I say that yoga is about a lot more than just the physical benefits. Between the poses, the breathing exercises, and the meditation, yoga can make you a lot more balanced. Which is generally code for: more sex!

Partner Yoga
As you can see from the points above, your partner doesn’t have to do yoga with you in order for your sex life to benefit. But if you’re open to trying something a little bit different as a means of improving intimacy in your relationship, try partner yoga. It necessitates closeness and builds trust. And working out together can boost endorphins. If your partner needs a little extra encouragement, just show them this video. Hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment